This afternoon I went to Holly's 35th birthday party. The High Tea party was at George Watt's Tea Parlor in downtown Milwaukee.
Here is Holly, the birthday girl. She dressed up in black with bright Cobalt blue accessories. Aren't her socks and blue shoes fun??
There were 8 ladies at this party. I only knew Holly and Julie.
Isn't it obvious that Julie won the "best hat" contest? Her hat was enormous!
Isn't it obvious that Julie won the "best hat" contest? Her hat was enormous!
After enjoying several cups of tea, the best part came: dessert! It was so elegant being served sponge cake, fruit sconce, and chocolate torte on antique blue & white china.
After dessert came the gifts! I made Holly a book (no surprise!) to put pictures from her High Tea party in. Everyone loved it. Two ladies asked if they could pay me to make some books for them. Hmm, a potential business endeavor...
2 comments:
That looks so fun!! You are all just adorable in your hats! Julie's looks like one she could wear to The Kentucky Derby! I hope you took those ladies up on their requests for books. What a fun way to make a little cash on the side.
I like your hat and the outside of the building. Each year when I gave a tea party in Kindergarten, the girls had to wear hats.
They didn't look as good as those but we had fun making them.
Post a Comment