Monday, August 17, 2009

An Adventure

Paul and I had an adventure.

We took the train down to Chicago on a whim. We decided to go to the Aquarium, which ended up to be a gorgeous place. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


Our first picture on the trip. Of course, Paul has to stick his tongue out. My arm is barely long enough to take the picture and you can barely see me.



I forgot to take a picture of the Aquarium outside, but I took a lot of pictures of the architecture. Just beautiful! I was very fascinated with the lights... they all had a nautical feel to them without being cheesy.


I was unable to take very good pictures of the various sea life that we saw and enjoyed, such as otters, dolphins, whales, turtles, coral and various fish. However, I was able to get an excellent picture of Bozo's (my beloved clown fish from college) cousins! I love those fish!


The Aquarium is on the lakefront and the view is breathtaking.



The weather was very hot and humid. We decided to take advantage of a neat service that Chicago has to offer: water taxis. We took one from the Aquarium to the Navy Pier where we had lunch. We ate at a cool Italian place by the water.


After lunch, we took another water taxi on the "river" that goes through downtown Chicago. This was an excellent way to cool off and enjoy the scenery. What a beautiful city!

The water taxi dropped us off at Union Station where we caught our train back to Milwaukee. The Union Station is another beautiful piece of history in Chicago.


By the time we got home, we were tired, yet happy that we had a great adventure. We plan on returning to Chicago sometime soon to see what else she has to offer.

No comments: