Hello everyone! Everyone is getting ready for winter, which seems to be arriving sooner than expected. I am not exactly thrilled about it since I am not a fan of the cold, but I do have my winter coat. Thanks Grandma for the coat! I'm gonna go inside now, and let Rosie do this.

Come on, Sam... winter is awesome! I am so excited about the chilly front that is coming our way! I have been trying to spend more time outside than usual. It is just refreshing feeling the cold wind in my face! I have been trying to help Mama get everything in the yard ready, but I dont think I am a big help...

She winterized the rose bushes in the backyard. Its a very simple process: hammer in a few wooden stakes into the ground, staple deer netting around the stakes, and fill up the enclosed area with straw. I tried to help clean up the straw, but I think I made it messy instead. Oh well, I had fun!

The rose bushes seem to love the straw. After doing this last winter, the roses tripled their size this Spring/Summer! Cant wait to see what happens next year!
You can see a final rose trying to hold on, despite the cold front.
Happy Frost! Hope you keep warm this winter. Do what Sam does: curl up in blankets. You know where to find me: outside!

1 comment:
Cute coming from the pups perspective! I think I agree with Sam. BRRR....
Post a Comment