We have class every two weeks. Between classes, we have to do homework, which consists of making a certain number of blocks for our quilt sampler. For our next class, we have to make 5 blocks and 4 cornerstone blocks. The class was only two days ago and I'm already finished with my homework. I think its time to go to the store and buy more fabric, so I can keep myself busy and practice making the blocks. By the end of the class, I will probably end up with 3 or 4 finished quilt samplers.
The interpreter (a student from the University who is volunteering her time to come with me to class) asked me if I am an overachiever. Hmm, what do you think? Ha!
Here is my office. The sewing machine is on my little white table and I sit on my ottoman when I am sewing. The ironing board is conveniently positioned where I can watch some TV while I iron the pieces. My new cutting board is on my sturdy desk. The secret to quilting is precise cutting and measuring. Once you have that down, the rest of the process falls into place.I have plans to turn the "rec room" in the basement into my quilting room. It will give me a lot more space to spread out, but I have a few things to do down there first. Id like to find a box of carpet "tiles" from Home Depot and put down a temporary floor on top of the raised wood floor. It'll make it much easier for me to stand on for long periods of time and make it more cozy. Also, I am looking for a large sturdy table to do my cutting on. I probably won't have this set up until later this Spring or Summer, but it will be a great room once its set up!
Here is my favorite block out of the 5 I had to make for homework. It is called a "Rail Fence" block. The picture does not justify the colors of the fabric. They are very cheerful 1930s vintage fabrics.Im off to a great start!
No comments:
Post a Comment