Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hodge Podge Sunday

It has been a relaxing, yet busy Sunday!

Paul and I went to the flea market. I finally got my apothecary cabinet for my office. I have plans to put my craft stuff in all the drawers. I wont be able to pick it up until the next flea market day in August. The inside of the drawers are not finished and have a really musty smell to it, so I asked them (in my negotations) to varnish the interiors of the drawers, as well as clean it up really well. So, it'll be all done and placed in my office in August. I can't wait!



We also stopped at the Hosta Guy's booth at the flea market and got several awesome plants. He has a lot of "hard to find" colors/types of Hostas that you cannot find at the nurseries or stores, such as Walmart or Lowe's. We picked up a total of 6 plants, all varying sizes. Most are green with dark green stripes or green with white stripes. I will post more pics later of the yard. Here is one below with our new "mini" iron fence (more on that later...).


Our rosebush is doing very well... it has gorgeous white blooms on it. It is called "Snowdrift."


While Paul and I spent most of the afternoon working in the yard, the dogs have been relaxing in the shade. Sam keeps an eye out on all the activity that is going on while Rosie is content with munching on a stick.



As I am typing this post, Rosie and Sydney are laying on the bed together. Shows you how FAR Syd has gone in terms of accepting a huge dog, much less two of them, in her space. Yes, Rosie takes up most of the queen size bed... thank goodness she doesn't like sleeping with me. It makes her too hot!

No comments: