I havent posted any pictures of Rosie in a while now. She is now 9 months old and is over 100 lbs. She looks like an adult dog, but still acts like a puppy. She is klutzy as ever and trips over herself all the time. Its very funny to watch!
Rosie came with me for the last day of school, which was a sad day. It was my offical last day at WSD, and I am no longer employed there. It was bittersweet. The students loved seeing Rosie again and were sad to say goodbye.
One of my former students, Jon, had a very difficult time accepting the fact that our working relationship was ending. He developed a very strong bond not only with me, but also with Rosie. Jon is one of my absolutely favorite kids in the world. I first met him as a spunky little 4th grader, and he is now entering 7th grade this coming fall. He has a very dysfunctional, difficult home life and I've decided that I cannot cut all my ties with him. I have been communicating with his grandma (who has him most of the time because his father is who knows where? and his mother is out of the picture). Paul and I will take Jon for a few days this summer, so he still have access to a deaf role model (me) and a male role model who can sign (Paul). We plan on taking him to the movies, to the beach, and play in the backyard with Rosie and Sam.
You can see below that he and Rosie love to play. Its very cute to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment