
"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."
-Edith Sitwell, British Poet
I dont know about you, but I am ready for winter to arrive. It is truly my favorite season. While most people balk at the idea of being stuck at home due to an snowstorm, I love being secluded in our cozy home, knowing that I am safe, while the world outside is in white isolation. Winter forces me to ponder all that I am thankful for and enjoy what I have inside my home. A cozy knitted sweater, a ripped old quilt, a trusty old book and a cup of hot tea are a regular staple of my winter days.
Winter causes the world to pause and rest. Everything is covered in white powder, silvery ice and glimmery iclcles. It allows us to take a deep breath and recollect all of our thoughts and memories of the year. Our bodies stretch and crave the warmth comfort of thick socks and cozy sweaters, fully knowing that the warm summer months are not too far away. While under the plaid flannel sheets in a warm bed, one lazily reach out for their loved one, knowing that this moment is sweet and short lived. The sound of small feet and furry paws across the cold floor as they come to curl up with their parents in their cozy santcuary is a sound that one will never forget. The smells of hot tea, cinnamon, sugar cookies and a crackling fire makes one sigh with contentment because these smells says, "Welcome home."
Yes, I am ready for winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment