Friday, October 17, 2008
My Girl
I realized this morning that I had installments mentioning Sam and Macy on my blog, but nothing yet about Syd. So, its about time I talked about this cat.
I'm sure you all remember the unforgettable, irreplaceable Sylvester? He was my first cat and first pet in the truest sense. He was born when I was 6 years old and died when I was 21. I still cannot think of him without getting watery-eyed. *ahem* It was approximately 6 months after his passing that I came across Sydney. At that time, I was not in a position to have a cat, much less any pets, due to living in an apartment that forbidded animals. But I will admit it... I am a true sucker for grey cats, solid or striped. There is something about gray cats that makes me lose all rational ability. My heart immediately goes into pitter-patter overdrive and tells my brain, "Gray cat! Gray! Cuddly GRAY kitten! Take this kitten home just because it is GRAY! It doesn't matter if your landlord could possibly evict you- JUST TAKE IT HOME!!!"
That's exactly what I did.
Of course, the next morning, my rational ability came back and I panicked. Mom thought I was nuts and was worried Id be homeless, all over a little gray kitten. I spent a month contacting friends and friends' friends to see if anyone would be interested in adopting a kitten. She was nameless for a good 2 months because I was worried I would get too attached (...you're allowed to laugh here... Hollie not get too attached? Yeah right!!! hahaa hee ho hahaa). Finally, I accepted that she was officially MY cat. I think on that day my heart told my brain, "I told you so."
I have absolutely no regrets about keeping Syd.
She is my girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment