Sunday, November 23, 2008

Introduction...

As all of you know already, Paul and I have been on the edge of our seats now for about two months, wondering if we will get a puppy or not? Ive shared my excitement and disappointments with you on this blog regarding the possibility of owning a new puppy. I thank you all for being patient with me.

This weekend, the breeder and I went through our final negotiations and she sent an email last night announcing that we will indeed be owners of a Newfoundland dog.

Hurrah!

Ok, its time to introduce you to...

*drum roll*

Our darling puppy!

She is a big ball of black fluff. She is now 6 weeks old and weighs 15 lbs.

After going back and forth with a few names, we decided to name her something entirely different. She is a very quiet, calm puppy. The breeder chose her for us because she thought she would be a perfect fit for me, considering the fact I want to train her to be a hearing/therapy dog. Out of all 4 puppies, she was affectionately known as "Red Girl" due to the red ribbon she has around her neck. Compared to her siblings, she is the most people-oriented.

With her calm demeanor and cuteness in mind, we named her Rosie.



What was I thinking? Wearing a black shirt while holding a black puppy?

We suspect Rosie will think she is a lap dog as she grows older...


Look at that face! That fluff of hair!


She fell asleep between Paul's feet after a few minutes of playing.
She wont be able to do that for much longer... she'll be too big to fit under a chair.

Doesn't she have a cute butt? Hee hee!


After playing outside with me and her sibilings, she was pooped. She plopped down and fell asleep. She is an asbolute darling and we are very excited to bring her home in 2 weeks.

The menagerie (Sam, Syd and Macy) are in for a surprise, but I think they will come to love Rosie as much as we do!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. I'm glad to know the breeder chose one that she thought would have the right temperament to be your hearing dog. Being such huge dogs, do they have a huge barks to match? The name is adorable too. Congrats!!

Hollie said...

Their barks aren't too bad. Rosie is very quiet and we have not yet heard her bark. Her mom doesn't bark very often, while the other Newfies in the house do. I guess it all depends on their personalities?

auntjulie said...

I want to pick her up and give her a hug!