Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 More Facts about Miss Rosie

Its been an interesting night. Rosie has been on our minds literally ALL night. She kept us up for a good couple hours with diarrhea. Poor thing. I am so thankful that she is housebroken and didn't have one accident in the house. But, it wasn't fun going outside literally 8 times at 3 in the morning. I'm happy to report that she seems to be doing better this morning. Thankfully I have a boss who also has a 14 week old puppy and understands all the little things you deal with, so she is allowing me to work on my reports from home in order to keep an eye on Rosie.

Anyway, I thought I'd do another "Facts" post about our darling puppy. She has been with us now for 4 weeks and we are constantly learning new things about Rosie everyday.

1. Rosie loves to sleep on her back with her limbs splayed out. Apparently this is a common tendency in all Newfoundlands. I wonder what it'll look like when she's 120 lbs? I'm sure it'll be an interesting sight!

2. She is growing rapidly. She has gained 20 lbs in the 4 weeks we have had her so far! Each of her paw pads is the size of a quarter. Just huge!

3. She is now learning how to take walks properly with Sam. Every evening when we come home from work, one of us will take both of them out for a walk. Rosie will not walk on the right side of Sam. She absolutely has to be on his left side. When she walks alone with me, she also has to be on my left side. Why? Who knows?

4. Rosie is now entering the lovely, awkward stage where she is all legs. As you can see in this picture, she has very long legs and huge paws. She often stumbles over herself and it is just comical to watch.


5. Rosie continues to favor me over Paul. It looks like her order of preference is: Me, Sam and then Paul. Smart girl, eh? Of course, some days Sam bumps me to 2nd place, but that's okay. We all know who Rosie will run to when she's hurt, hungry, or needs to go out.

No comments: