Thats a wonderful idea and I did wonder about that, but unfortunately the windows in the house are larger than your usual windows. They run longer and a standard height cabinets/countertop would not fit. So, I was thinking about maybe finding an antique table that would run the length of the windows. It'd give me some space.
Also, I got my Country Home magazine in the mail today (I love that magazine!) and they ran an article with a kitchen that I really liked. I love the butcher top island... I wonder if I could do that?
I love the fresh look of this kitchen. It is very clean and airy, yet has style and substance. I just love that island. Can't you see me having a kitchen with something like that in it?Aunt Julie also asked for more details regarding the bungalow that I found. I am still looking around to see what else is out there. The bungalow has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. It is indeed a 2-story bungalow. It has a full basement that has great potential to be finished. The upstairs is a open loft that runs the entire length of the house. It has great potential to be turned into a master suite, complete with a bathroom and walk-in closet and maybe another bedroom or a sitting area. The house, in general, has wonderful bones to be a really lovely house. If I were to buy the house tomorrow, it is livable just the way it is and we could make the additional renovations in a few years. It has a decent yard considering that it is in Milwaukee. A fence can be installed for the dogs.
Here is what the exterior looks like:
Im excited to see what else is available in Milwaukee and I can't wait to finally own a house and turn it into my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment